Friday, April 8, 2011

This day and age sickens me!!

I woke up this morning about 4 am to catch the morning news coming on and was shocked on hearing that no one could make up their minds about how to fix a more than a billion dollar deficit we have been setting ourselves into... Oh no wait not the people that work hard, the so called blue collar people who go out daily and work hard, but the higher powers in the country... The U.S. has set up a major problem not only for themselves but everyone in this country..

I am a typical everyday mother of two and i am out of work... Not because i cant find a job, but it is too expensive to pay for daycare... I ride the Bus where i need to go because it is too hard to have two vehicles and pay for insurance... I have to use Government assistance because i cant pay for medical care for my kids and myself .. It is not the most glorious life... Do i love having to ask help, no but i have no choice.. I know that soon all that money put aside for this help will be gone and i will be left like most to try to feed my kids and hope that i can keep them full enough not to starve.. My Fiance works hard with his own business from 12 to 15 hour days just enough to pay for our bills and a few groceries that i may need that my food stamps don't  buy.. We make it by but barely.... I envy those who can go to work, come home, and spend as much money on things that they don't need while hard workers don't seem to get enough. Those people sit in Congress and the White House.

Now ask yourselves this, if you protected our country would you like to get paid? We used to be a military family.. My fiance served 7 years in the US Air Force and received nothing in return except a bill asking us to pay back what we owed... What we owed??  What about time away from our family's? The travel pay? What we had to sacrifice... I only got a taste of it.. but for some people this is their lives..... Men and women away from their kids and wives and husbands and family's torn apart... tell me is this right to take away pay for those who sacrifice so much??


Now it comes down to this... we shut down EVERYTHING... hoping that this will fix the problem.. but i think this is only the start...  As a Christian woman i pray for our law makers and those in power, but i am left shaking my head wondering what these people pray to at night...Do they pray to God... Do they even believe in him... I dont know... But i know this... It is going to be hard and it is going to get harder, unless we find some other way... maybe we waited to late... All that i can do is do what i do best...


Pray.........

No comments:

Post a Comment