Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rainy Days can drive you insane

I look over at my window and sigh at the rainy looking clouds outside.I figure that having the 70's for weather in February Is a blessing and that my children should be at the park playing with the other  children enjoying the warmth that God has blessed us with. As a storm spotter i am getting ready for what may be a interesting afternoon. How can i be thrilled about being left alone with two children raring to go.. go.. go and not wanting to stop? What do i do with such energy? I have tried the creative side of things with my daughter making little colored pictures to hang in my room and at the same time keep my son from eating the crayons! I have tried building tents only for my son to turn around and try to chew on the clothes pin and pinch his lip while my daughter lays in the floor laughing!  I love the antics ... i really do but i have not found anything but watching movies and eating snacks that quite them down. Sometimes i think how my mother got me to settle down during the rainy days, most of the times we used to sit down and read a book and then enjoy all the beautiful things we could see out the window... My motley crew likes to go about destroying things... Maybe the remembering and enjoying the beautiful things will come later!


No comments:

Post a Comment