Monday, February 21, 2011

(Re-Cap) When someone else thinks they can do your Job: parenting

I have always said to my parents when i have kids it will be this way and that way and that is how life is to go as a “perfect” little family. You know the old famous white picket fence and the station wagon look with the ever smiling mother holding out a pie… yup that’s what i said would be my life…. fast forward 7 years and it is…… Bus rides to the doctor and mall and the ever constant ringing of my cell phone.. but that is not all that parenthood has become.. people constantly telling us how to do our job!
I have had nothing but advice since i first heard of my daughters upcoming birth over three years ago and well… sometimes i didn’t want to hear it.. My though was ” If you think you can do better than this lil 18 year old girl then you can do it!” Of course after her birth i didn’t think that because my daughter was mine!! I listened to countless advices about how to burp, wipe and well do other things including how to get red colored vomit out of your carpet.
But what about the diffrent things you don’t want to hear, such as the Cry it out method (aka the CIO) that age old theory that you can spoil your kids by letting them sleep with you, or the old breastfeeding past one is sexual! I mean come on people what are we turning parenting into… are we going into the dark ages of parenting where even our diaper bags tell us what kind of person we are , or that ATV stroller that we spent nearly three months worth of diapers on..
I know my job as a mother is to discipline my kids and love them and hope like most they don’t turn out to be gun slinging terror threats and well maybe turn them to the age old i want to be the president! Well good luck! Until then i can do my job and i am not looking to hire anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment